Police Department Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the police department located?
The Green Oak Township Police Department is located at 8965 Fieldcrest.

Do you house prisoners at the department?
We have a secure processing area where offenders are processed. Processing includes mug shots and finger printing.

Where do I pay tickets?
All traffic violations and appearance tickets are paid at the 53rd District Court, 204 S. Highlander Way #1 Howell, MI. 48843

How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
Police reports, such as those for traffic crashes, can be picked up at the police department. There is a nominal fee, usually $10. Police reports are not faxed or mailed without prior payment.

All reports are completed in a timely fashion and then must go through a supervisor’s review. Reports will not be released until the review takes place. Please call the Police Department first to determine the availability of report copies.

If you have any questions as to the readiness of a report, please call 810-231-9626.

Where do I go to apply for a Personal Protection Order (PPO)?
The necessary paperwork for a Personal Protection Order (PPO) is obtained through the circuit court clerk. The circuit court clerk is located in Howell at 210 S. Highlander Way.

PPOs do not require you to retain an attorney and there is no fee for this service. There is a cost, however, for the appropriate court service upon the individual named in the order.

If you have questions or would like to obtain additional information, please call the Livingston County Circuit Court Clerk’s Office at 517-546-9816.