Frequently Asked Questions


What is the Planning Department Phone Number?
810) 231-1333 ext. 104

What are the Planning Department hours?
Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am. to 5:00 pm.
Application submittals are taken in 8:00 am. to 4:30 pm. Monday through Thursday.

What is my zoning?   
You can obtain zoning information by visiting the Planning & Zoning office.
You may also obtain zoning information by accessing  Property & Tax Search .

Where can I find records or easements applicable to my property?
Typically, these records can be found through a title company or the Livingston County Register of Deeds

Where can I get a copy of a map?
Custom and standard maps can be purchased from the Livingston County GIS Department

How does one report suspected zoning violations?

Zoning Violations should be reported to the Zoning Enforcement Officer (810) 231-1333 ext. 107

Frequently Used Sections


38-171 Accessory Buildings


Home Occupation


38-136 Schedule of Regulations

 I have an inflatable or temporary pool. Does it require a permit?

    In general, any pool or similar device which contains more than 24 inches of water must have a 4 foot barrier surrounding the device and requires a building permit from Green Oak Charter Township.