Information and Assistance 1-800-852-7795
The AAA 1-B's computer database contains information on nearly 2,000 service providers and 5,000 older adult services in southeast Michigan. There is no service fee for older adults or caregivers but callers are encouraged to provide a donation. Information includes:
- Personal care
- Prescription expense assistance • Homemaking
- Home delivered meals • Assisted Living
- Care management • Senior centers
- Home health agencies • Adult day services
- Chore service
- Support groups • Legal assistance • and MORE
Additionally, this program offers contractual services for corporate clients to provide quality information and referral to their employees and customers. For corporate service information, please contact Louanne Bakk, Director of Access & Benefits Assistance, at 248-262-9227.
Our Livingston County Team has Answers!
MMAP (Michigan Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program) provided through AAA 1-B Services are provided at no cost and include:
Information on your Medicare choices
Plans comparison to estimate your costs prior to choosing a plan
Information on programs to reduce the cost of your health care
Information and assistance with Medicare billing issues
Call 800-803-7174 or Call AAA 1-B 800-852-7795
Out-of-Home Respite Service To Help Caregivers
The Area Agency on Aging 1-B (AAA 1-B) Out-of-Home Respite (OHR) program is designed to assist caregivers in Livingston, Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, St. Clair, and Washtenaw counties by providing 24-hour care in a setting outside the home. The AAA 1-B has reserved beds in six licensed Adult Foster Care (AFC) homes. Benefits of the new service include:
- allows the caregivers to schedule/reserve OHR service in advance
- allows caregivers to receive up to two weeks of respite at a time, two times per year
- is available based on a sliding donation scale
To be eligible for the service;
- Caregiver or care recipient must be 60 years of age or older
- Care recipient must reside in Livingston, Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, St. Clair, or Washtenaw
- Care recipient must require assistance with two or more Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), such as personal care, grooming, bathing, or toileting.
To learn more about this program, determine eligibility, or schedule service, call the Area Agency on Aging 1-B at (800) 852-7795.
29100 Northwestern Hwy., Suite 400
Southfield, Ml 48034