The 1856 Green Oak Township Hall was built by Nathaniel Butterfield, centrally located on Silver Lake Road. It was the longest serving original town hall in the State of Michigan. In the mid-1960's Township Supervisor Herbert Munzel was instrumental in the township purchasing the property on which it was built from the Masak family who had loaned it to the township those many years. Supervisor Munzel initiated holding regular office hours at the township hall to facilitate citizens conducting business with the township. This plan was so successful, the Township Board later built a rear end and two side additions to house the police, clerk, treasurer and building departments. The 1856 Hall is a modest Greek Revival style with field stone foundation. It is home of the Green Oak Historical Society now. The Society has created a museum and meeting facility for community use.