The Kinsley Bingham mansion is a beautiful example of Greek Revival architecture built in the 1840's. Governor Bingham lived and farmed here while serving his township, county and state in various elected governmental offices from Justice of the Peace, Township Supervisor, County Prosecutor, Governor of Michigan to U.S. Senator. He opposed slavery and campaigned for Abraham Lincoln. The house featured a center staircase, a large ballroom and marble fireplaces. It is located on Silver Lake Road, east of Kensington Road in the Northern part of Green Oak Township.